In this section, you will find resources and materials relevant to the Grandmothers Campaign. These are used across the Campaign in many ways – for group events, information sessions, or for distribution to local communities – as grandmothers groups raise funds and awareness, and build solidarity with African grandmothers.
Click here to download a helpful Fact Sheet on the Grandmothers Campaign.
We have a number of useful forms to assist you and your group with your fundraising efforts. If it is your first time organizing an event, please read through the Fundraising Kit below or contact us if you have any questions.
- Fundraising Kit
- Event Registration Form
- To register your event online, please click here
- Funds Submission Form
- Donation Form
We have a variety of print materials for use in your fundraising and awareness-raising efforts. You can order all of the print materials listed below from our office. To place an order, please contact us.
- Globe & Mail 4-page supplement (from May 2011)
- Grassroots newsletter (published every fall) & Spotlight on Grassroots newsletter (published every spring). Click here to view PDF and online versions.
- Donor envelopes (with your group ID# to track the donations)
- Turning the Tide postcards with a message from Stephen Lewis:
We have also produced a range of multimedia materials which we think you will find particularly useful for showing at group meetings, fundraising events, or for new members. Some are available on DVD and some can be viewed online. Listed below are the materials that will be most helpful to you. Click here to learn more about them, and please contact us to place an order for DVDs.
- Ask Her: Women’s Expertise. 6:36 min.
- Hope at the Grassroots. 4:30 min.
- AfriGrand Caravan – The Women’s Movement Continues: Grandmothers and Granddaughters in Solidarity. 20 min.
- The Great Canadian Conversation about HIV/AIDS in Africa 2010. 1:09:30 min.
- For use in schools, we have an Elementary DVD and Secondary DVD, featuring clips from SLF projects Umoyo Training Centre in Zambia and PEFO in Uganda.
We also have some additional videos which we’ve produced for specific initiatives, such as Dare to Dine or our Turning the Tide messages featuring grandmothers Maria and Elizabeth. Contact us to find out what’s new in our DVD selection, or click here to view some short video clips online.
The Foundation’s site also contains a small selection of feature stories from Africa.
Voices from the Frontlines is an electronic update from the Stephen Lewis Foundation, profiling grassroots African expertise in response to the AIDS pandemic. Click here to read past issues.
Key Documents from Grandmothers Gatherings
The 2006 and 2010 Grandmothers Gatherings created three official and important documents. The Toronto and Manzini Statements have become touchstones for action for grandmothers in Canada, and the report of the 2006 Gathering provides a rich overview of this seminal event.
- Manzini Statement – English
- Manzini Statement - French
- Manzini Statement – Portuguese
- Toronto Statement - English
- Toronto Statement - French
- Toronto Statement - Spanish
- Grandmothers to Grandmothers: The Dawn of a New Movement (Grandmothers’ Gathering Report)
Photo and Logo Gallery
If you are planning an event and want to use our logo or download some photos, please contact us to receive the password to our logo or photo galleries. Please tell us what group you are with or what event you are planning. We will send you the password along with the link to the relevant online gallery.
- If you know the password, click here to access the logo gallery on the Foundation’s website.
- If you know the password, click here to access the photo gallery on the Foundation’s website.
Turning the Tide Posters
You can download and print these beautiful posters, for use at events in your community.
- Turning the Tide of AIDS in Africa
- Grandmothers: Holding their communities and countries together
- Children: Leading Africa out of the AIDS pandemic
- Strength in Community